The Order of the Daughters of the King® is an order for women who are communicants of the Episcopal Church, churches in communion with it, or churches in the historic episcopate but not in communion with it.
Our Anglican tradition:
- Recognizes Episcopal oversight.
- Believes that Holy Scripture contains all things necessary for salvation.
- Acknowledges the gift of the Holy Spirit in Baptism, the real presence of our Lord in the Holy Eucharist, and worship according to The Book of Common Prayer (or the standard liturgies of Lutheran, Roman Catholic, or other Anglican churches that sponsor DOK chapters).
- Reaffirming the promises made at Baptism and Confirmation, a Daughter pledges herself to a life-long program of prayer, service and evangelism. She receives support in this commitment from a worldwide community of like-minded women.
In solidarity with one another, all Daughters everywhere make the same promises upon their admission to the Order:
- To obey the two Rules of The Order: the Rule of Prayer and the Rule of Service.
- To offer at all times loyal aid to our clergy and parish to spread Christ’s kingdom.
- To wear faithfully the cross of The Order.
- To work for the purposes of The Order as God may give us the opportunity.
The Mission of the Order is the extension of Christ’s Kingdom through
Prayer, Service and Evangelism.
For more information or for prayer, please contact Chapter President Betty Key.