The Palmer Adult Choir meets on Wednesday evenings from 7:00–9:30 pm and sings at the 9:00 and 11:00 am services each week. The choir sings a vast body of repertoire from the Anglican and Western European choral traditions including: ancient plainchant, Tudor and Continental Renaissance polyphony, Edwardian English anthems, and modern music from the 20th and 21st centuries. The choir has been invited to sing and lead worship for several national conventions including the American Guild of Organists, the American Choral Directors Association, the Texas Choral Directors Association, and the Anglican Association of Musicians. The Palmer choirs have made six professional compact discs and have recorded the music of composer David Ashley White on the Gothic Records label. The choirs of Palmer Church have been regularly featured on National Public Radio's "With Heart and Voice" and other nationally syndicated radio programs. In addition to leading music for weekly worship, the choir annually prepares a Requiem mass, provides special music for feast days, and offers choral evensong services during the year.
- September through early June, Wednesdays 7:00–9:30 pm
- Special Event rehearsals are typically the Saturday before the special event from 10:00 am–12:00 pm.
- 8:15 am call for 9:00 am worship
- 10:15 am call for 11:00 am worship
- Major feast days
- Workshops with guest conductors and organists
- Choral evensongs
- All Soul’s Sunday Requiem Mass
- Advent Lessons and Carols
- Recording projects
- Singing Pilgrimages
- Lenten Organ Recitals
If you would like to find out more about the Adult Choir, contact Dr. Brady Knapp, Director of Music.