Help Palmer’s Refugee Ministry prepare an apartment to welcome a new Refugee family
Visit the Sign-Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080B4FABAA2DA75-palmer1 , pick a household item to donate (items may be new or gently used unless specified), bring it to church on November 21st, and sign the Welcome Banner in the fellowship hall. Please include the estimated value (no names are needed) on a sheet of paper with your gift, as we need to document Palmer’s support towards our sponsorship commitment. If you have questions or would like to join the welcome and sponsorship team, or if you have furniture to donate, please contact Linda Shelton at . Below is a list of needs for easy reference but please use the sign-up genius (you can also find the link on the website under Refugee Aid) to avoid duplicates!
- Bathroom: new towel and washcloth sets (4), shower curtain/liner (1)
- Bedroom: new Double or Full size bed sheet set (1), New twin sheet sets (2), new pillows(4), Full size blankets/comforters (1), Twin size blanket/comforter (2)
- Kitchen: cooking utensils (spoons, spatulas, ladle, etc), can opener, large soup/rice pot, large skillet, pots and pans, mixing bowl set, cutting knives, kitchen towels (2), tea pot/kettle, baking pans, food storage set, hot pads (2),
- Cleaning Supplies: broom/dustpan, package of light bulbs, toilet brush, sponges, dish detergent, spray cleaner for kitchen (1), bathroom cleaner (1), laundry detergent (1), aluminum foil, laundry basket
- Paper Goods: Toilet paper, Kleenex, Paper towels, kitchen trash bags, paper napkins
- Toiletries (family size): bars of soap (6), shampoo, conditioner, shaving cream, razors (men’s and women’s), lotion, deodorant (men’s and women’s), toothpaste and toothbrushes, kid’s toothpaste and toothbrushes, hand sanitizer, Q-tips
- School supplies: 1” binder with clear window cover (2), notebook paper, black pens, pencils and sharpener, tablet (2)
- Miscellaneous: Houston map, alarm clock,
- Furniture: Please let us know if you might have one of these to donate when we have an arrival date for the family, as we have no storage space: a sofa, chairs, small scale “apartment size” dining table and chairs.